Water, Sanitation and Health (WASH)
We conduct WASH interventions with a major focus on schools in our areas of operation while also considering the community in the surrounding areas.
We have conducted WASH interventions in Turkhana, Baringo Marsabit, Garissa and Wajir Counties
So far, our work given 27,725 people in Baringo counties and Turkana access to clean water.
Our interventions include:
- Construction of handwashing points in schools.
- Provision of water tanks and construction of tank bases.
- Construction of inclusive and disability-friendly gender-sensitive latrines for boys and girls.
- Pipeline connections to existing handwashing points.
- Rehabilitation of existing handwashing points.
- Disability-friendly WASH project that includes the construction of gender-sensitive latrines in Garissa, Nairobi, Mombasa and Turkana counties.
- Solarized boreholes in Marsabit and Garissa counties in response to drought.
- Training for community members on hygiene and water usage.
- Training for Water Users associations and community leaders on how to manage the water kiosks in areas where boreholes were solarized.
Photo: Jari Kivelä